A whole food, plant-based diet is known to keep the body healthy, repair itself and grow, all major benefits for people with diabetes. A recent article in the Huffington Post also explain how such a diet is essential for young girls to avoid the risk of breast cancer later in life. Among the important points:
- Adult breast health is largely determined much earlier in life
- Whole food reduce potential development sites for cancer
- Nutrients help prevent cancer from spreading to other cells
- Sugar and some fats may actually cause cell damage
- Recommendations are to exclude meat and dairy, and increase vegetables, soy and fibers.